Assistance offer for COVID19 tests
RED CANARIA LABORATORIOS, from its network of laboratories located in GRAN CANARIA, TENERIFE, LANZAROTE, LA PALMA, FUERTEVENTURA, LA GOMERA Y EL HIERRO, provides the service to perform all the covid19 tests with a response time between 8 hours to 72 hours.
We will report the results obtained following the instructions of the BOC and BOE to be sent to health.
To perform any COVID19 test, both the PCR tests (in nasopharyngeal samples), and the COVID19 antibodies (blood sample), must have a medical prescription
Coronavirus Covid19 Patient Groups
LET'S DIVIDE PATIENTS INTO THREE TYPES OF GROUPS:
- Group 1 or COVID-19 infected.: These patients have given a positive PCR (nasopharyngeal test 3), which indicates that they have active disease and therefore require isolation protocol until they move to group XNUMX.
- Group 2 or risk COVID-19: These are patients who have not had the disease, the PCR is negative (in the nasopharyngeal sample) and there is no presence of antibodies (in the blood sample). These patients must maintain all preventive measures to avoid contagion.
- Group 3 or immunized COVID-19: It is estimated that between 60% -80% of the population will become part of this group. At the moment we are approximately 6% immunity.
To know if we have acquired immunity, in the blood sample the detection results of antibodies called IgG must be positive and the IgM must give a negative result.
DETAIL OF THE THREE POPULATION GROUPS ACCORDING TO THE RESULT OBTAINED:
Economic proposal. Red Canaria Laboratorios offers:
- Initial test € 85 is the price of conducting two covid19 tests at the same time. Real time PCR (nasopharyngeal sample) + totals (IgM-IgG). (In blood sample). Includes:
- If the presence of total antibodies could not be quantified, it is because they are not present, or there are no IgG and IgM antibodies, in the serological sample.
- If the total antibodies are POSITIVE, the broken down serology will be done, IgG and IgM.
- € 30 Specific antibodies IgG + Antibodies
- € 20 Total antibodies. (IgM-IgG).
Out of every 100 people approximately 96 people We will not find Covid19 antibodies, it will be negative, with the absence of IgG and IgM antibodies.
For the rest of the positives, we will evaluate the IgG and IgM.
In the asymptomatic population, it is always advisable to perform a nasopharyngeal PCR test to try to rule out contagious infections that are 60% or 70% of the population without symptoms.
We recommend a random test at least to everyone who has had a positive close to Covid.
THE RESULTS OF 1 TO 3 WORKING DAYS will be informed.
Meaning of PCR tests and Serological tests of Coronavirus SARS-COV-2 Agent of infection COVID19
- VIRUS DETECTION: The Real-time PCR test is a molecular biology laboratory test for the detection of the virus directly in the naso-pharyngeal sample, which is where the virus is initially located. The virus remains in our body for many days without being detected, called the window period and this part is the most infectious-contagious and can be up to 10 days, without having produced antibodies, although studies on its latency period (time from exposure to virus and cause illness or symptoms) are still under study.
- NO SYMPTOMS: In a very general way, the virus can be up to 7 days without producing symptoms in our body. In this period, the asymptomatic population is 60% - 70%, being at risk for the rest of the population, because it is infectious and contagious without knowing it.
- WITH SYMPTOMS: Since the patient has any symptoms of Covid19 disease, the virus has ceased to be masked, quartered, hidden without being detected. In three days the production of antibodies begins and after 5 days we already have a 50% production of antibodies and 100% after 10 days of symptoms.
- MEANING OF COVID19 ANTIBODIESWhen our body detects a foreign agent such as the covid19 virus (called antigen), it will react by producing antibodies to defend itself. The antibodies it produces are various and the best known are IgG and IgM antibodies.
- MEANING OF PCR TESTING AND ANTIBODY TEST TO KNOW IF WE ARE INFECTCONTAGIOUS OR NOT. The serological tests that are carried out are for the detection of Covid19 antibodies. These tests give us information to know if at any time our body has been in contact with the virus or we are suffering from the disease, but in a late phase when the virus has been infectious for a long time, that is why it is very important to carry out PCR in asymptomatic people, because it makes no sense to look for the presence of antibodies when they have not yet begun to be produced. Still it took us a while to get an antibody concentration of 100%.
- RAPID TESTS OR ALSO KNOWN AS TESTS THAT DO NOT NEED EQUIPMENT TO PERFORM THE COVID TESTS. The information that the rapid tests give us are of no interest or are not taken in value in the public health surveillance centers in the Canary Islands. Rapid tests introduce some misinformation because they do not have good specificity or sensitivity against the virus, although they have improved a lot. That is why it is very important to perform serological tests not with chromatographic methods, which perform a clinical diagnosis by testing with a drop of blood. For greater efficiency, a sample is used or processed by blood extraction where the serum of that blood is obtained and the diagnostic test is carried out with powerful equipment and by ELISA or SIMILAR methods recognized in the public health system, for its diagnostic interest mostly with 100% specificity and
- LATE IMPORTANCE OF ANTIBODIES IN SYMPTOMATIC PEOPLE. Given the moment that we are living with concern about the coronavirus, the diagnostic function of the laboratories is less important in the symptomatic phase because the patient, faced with any symptoms, goes to the health center quickly, because he himself begins to suspect that he is contagious. In order to prevent the transmission of the disease, we have to put special emphasis on the initial period of transmission, where there are no symptoms because this is where this virus most infects or infects (infectious-asymptomatic period).
- MEANING OF THE VALUES OBTAINED FROM THE IgG ANTIBODIES and IgM ANTIBODIES. Many times he asks us about the meaning of antibodies and we take the opportunity to define them because it is of general interest whenever we see them in a report. The best known antibodies in the case of coronavirus are the search for IgG antibodies and IgM antibodies, although the detection of IgA antibodies is being used, due to their smaller size and greater ease of production, and therefore to find them before, because they are in greater quantity, hence there is talk of their greater sensitivity to detect them. They indicate an acute phase of the disease, and it is the autoimmune response that our body performs as self-defense against the virus. IgG antibodies are also the result of this autoimmune response against the virus, but with the difference that their presence gives us a certain degree of immunity depending on the amount of IgG antibodies generated in the patient.
- IgA ANTIBODIES and IgM ANTIBODIES of COVID 19. We find these antibodies only in the acute phase of the disease, hence their diagnostic interest in the SYMPTOMATIC PHASE.
- IgG ANTIBODIES OF COVID19. The importance of these antibodies is to know their presence and their value. It gives us the information that we have passed the disease and we have developed a certain degree of immunity, which will increase when its presence is in greater quantity, although it is not so important, when IgM antibodies are present, because these indicate the acute phase of the disease, at the moment in which we are passing it, that we are infectious contagious.
FINAL SUMMARY TO CLARIFY THAT IT IS ADVISABLE TO PERFORM ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION YOU WANT TO KNOW
- YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE INFECT- CONTAGIOUS OR HAVE THE DISEASE. It is advisable to perform the PCR test and also the serological test. You will have a global photo of the situation you are in.
- HE WANTS TO CONFIRM THAT THE DISEASE HAS PASSED BECAUSE HE HAS HAD ITS SYMPTOMS. It is recommended to perform IgG and IgM antibodies. The value of the IgG antibodies indicates that it is passed and its higher value will indicate its greater degree of immunity.
- YOU WANT TO CONFIRM THAT THE DISEASE HAS JUST PASSED AND IS NO LONGER INFECTCONTAGIOUS. It is advisable to perform the serological test in blood to detect IgG and IgM antibodies and also the PCR in the nasopharyngeal sample.
- YOU WANT TO KNOW IF THE DISEASE HAS PASSED. It is recommended to carry out total antibodies or specific antibodies. Total antibodies is recommended at this time in the middle of the year 2020, because the majority of the population has not passed the disease 94% correctly, therefore they have not developed antibodies. There is only a percentage of 6% of people who have had the disease, therefore they have been able to develop antibodies for their immunity. It is cheaper and you can know with the certainty, that only you know, if you have not had any symptoms of the coronavirus, that you do not have any antibodies.
With this report on all these COVID19 tests and their meaning, you will be able to understand why certain COVID19 tests are requested and thus ensure that you have a greater degree of knowledge of this disease and what situation you are in