WHAT IS A PATERNITY TEST?
A paternity test is a genetic test in which a series of DNA markers from the child are compared with those same markers in the sample from the alleged father. As a result of this comparison, it can be concluded whether there is a parent-child relationship or not.
WHAT DOES THE PATERNITY TEST CONSIST OF?
All living beings have a genetic code contained in DNA. The sequence of this is exclusive for each of us so that we can differentiate ourselves from any other living being by studying a series of genetic markers. The way in which the genetic information contained in our DNA is transmitted from one generation to another is the result of a random fusion of the DNA molecules of our parents. This circumstance will allow us to establish kinship relationships between us and any other close relative (usually our parents).
DO I NEED A GENETIC PATERNITY TEST? WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You can request two different paternity tests at our facilities, performed in the same way and with the same reliability, but there are a number of differences between the two:
Paternity test without legal validity:
- You can easily take samples at home by rubbing a cotton ball inside your mouth. This center provides you with the necessary material and instruction for this.
- Objects for personal use such as pacifiers, underwear, etc. can also become valid.
- The purpose of this analysis is merely informative, so the report of the results does not constitute valid evidence to present it in a legal dispute.
- We will contact you to give you an appointment.
- It is not necessary to go on an empty stomach, but with the mouth without food scraps
- The mother's presence or authorization is not required to perform the test.
WHAT DOES IT CONSIST OF AND HOW LONG DOES THE TEST LAST?
This test consists of rubbing the inside of the mouth with a cotton swab to collect the sample under study. Sometimes a blood sample may be needed if the sample taken by swab does not contain enough DNA necessary to obtain the requested results.
The duration will depend on the type of test you choose, but it will not go beyond the time of receipt of documentation and delivery or sampling.
Results will be available in 3 weeks.