NON-INVASIVE PRENATAL GENETIC STUDY. AVOID THE RISKS OF AMNIOCENTESIS
During pregnancy, free DNA fragments from the mother and the fetus circulate through the bloodstream of the pregnant woman. NI/+ is a prenatal screening test that analyzes free fetal DNA present in maternal blood from week 10 of gestation. It can be performed in women receiving oocytes and in twin pregnancies. After the extraction of maternal blood, the NI/+ test performs an exhaustive quality control to guarantee that its results are highly precise, verifying that the fraction of fetal DNA in the sample exceeds the 2% necessary for the analysis. If this is not the case (<1,5% of cases), a new blood draw is requested from the patient. The precision of the analysis is achieved by a double algorithm, which is used for risk prediction and calculation of the fetal fraction.
PRENATAL NETWORK (NI / +) IS A LAST-GENERATION NON-INVASIVE PRENATAL STUDY
NI/+ is performed by analyzing the FETAL DNA present in the maternal blood using the MASSIVE PARALLEL SEQUENCE (MPS) technique and an exhaustive bioinformatic analysis, after which an estimate of the risk of the fetus presenting any of the following chromosomal alterations is obtained :
- trisomy 13
- trisomy 9
- trisomy 18
- trisomy 16
- trisomy 21
- trisomy 22
- Aneuploidies of the sex chromosomes:
- 45, X (Turner)
- 47, XXY (Klinefelter)
- Fetal sex (*)
- Deletions/duplications greater than 7 Mb in maternal blood (**)
(*) Optional but included in the same study.(**) Further information in the informed consent. Ask your nearest clinical analysis provider. By detecting Y-chromosome sequences, the sex of the fetus is reported with 99% accuracy. Additionally, the presence of deletions/duplications of a size ≥ 7 Mb in all chromosomes, associated with a large number of syndromes, as well as the possible secondary findings found during the analysis, will be reported.
Important to take into account in our screening is:
- The detection rate of trisomies of fetal chromosomes 13, 18 and 21 is 99,9% - HIGH SENSITIVITY
- We perform extensive quality control to ensure your results are highly accurate, checking that the fraction of fetal DNA in the sample exceeds the 2% required for analysis. If not, a new blood draw is requested from the patient at no cost.
- A HIGH RISK result (following the recommendations of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine), will have to be confirmed later by means of a diagnostic technique in amniotic fluid (QF-PCR, karyotype, FISH, Array CGH).
- Confirmation of the high risk result through the corresponding study (different depending on the result) together with genetic counseling is included in the price of the study.
SENSITIVITY (Mark D. Pertile et al., 2021):
- Trisomy 13: 99,9%
- Trisomy 18: 99,9%
- Trisomy 21: 99,9%
(*) Algorithm with CE-IVD marking.
WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES OUR TEST PROVIDE?
- It is done from week 10 of gestation.
- High reliability, supported by the largest study carried out (147.000 cases studied).
- It can be done with a minimal amount of fetal DNA (3,5%).
- It can be done in pregnancies caused by egg donation.
- It can be done in twin pregnancies.
- Be at least 10 weeks pregnant.
- Fasting is not necessary.
WHAT DOES IT CONSIST OF AND HOW LONG DOES THE TEST LAST?
The test consists of performing a maternal venous blood draw. The duration of the test will depend on the difficulty of drawing blood, but it will be
Results will be available in 15 business days.
I NEED A PRENATAL NETWORK STUDY WHAT SHOULD I DO?
To make one of PRENATAL NETWORK:
- Comply with the patient's conditions for the test.
- An appointment is necessary to carry out the analysis. We will contact you.