A blood and urine test gives us information about our body and how it works. This allows us to know if we belong to the healthy population percentage or if, on the contrary, there is a problem that we must treat.
Health professionals and The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends getting a checkup once a year starting at age 45, although this age changes depending on whether there is a history of diseases.
- Globular Sedimentation Rate.
- Total cholesterol.
- Uric acid.
- Total bilirubin.
- Alkaline phosphatase.
- Total proteins.
- Glycosylated hemoglobin.
- Hidden Blood in Stool
- Urine and sediment.
- You should not change your habits and your diet days before the analysis if your doctor does not tell you otherwise.
- Go fasting, with a minimum of 8 to 12 hours. If you need it, you can drink water and take medication unless otherwise indicated by your doctor.
- If you are diabetic and take medication for it, you should consult your doctor if you continue with your treatment while fasting.
- You should not smoke before the extraction.
- Use a specific sterile container for urine collection
- In the morning and before urinating, you should clean your genitals with soap and water and then rinse with plenty of lukewarm water.
- Collect the first urine of the morning, discarding the first and last part of urination. Make sure clothes and genitals do not directly touch the glass to avoid contamination
- Close the glass, and if you have a tube, fill it up and make sure there are no spills.
- You must deliver the urine as soon as possible. In case of not being able to make the delivery within an hour, it is recommended to put in the refrigerator.
- Use a sterile container suitable for the test to be performed.
- The diet should not vary since the test does not require a previous diet.
- You should not collect the sample if there is active bleeding, such as that which occurs during menstruation, bleeding hemorrhoids, urinary problems that cause bleeding when urinating or if the defecation has involved an unusual effort, unless otherwise indicated by your doctor.
- Contamination of the sample with urine should be avoided at all times.
- The sample must be delivered as soon as possible to our facilities. In case of collecting before the day of delivery, store in a refrigerator.
For a male study:
- Comply with the conditions prior to conducting the study.
- Come to our Laboratories any day of the week